Senior Systems engineer
Job Requisition 2338
Capstone Research Corporation is seeking to expand our team. Capstone Research Corporation is headquartered in Huntsville Alabama. We are a customer-oriented engineering services company providing world class research and development support to the Department of Defense (DoD): Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and the Missile Defense Agency. Capstone offers 100% Company Provided Medical and Dental Insurance, Matching 401K, and Profit Sharing as part of our top-notch benefits package.
We have immediate openings for multiple Senior Systems Engineers who will provide systems engineering and technical leadership in support of various United States Air Force Battle Management and Command and Control systems development and testing. The positions are in Fort Worth, TX, Dayton, OH, and Huntsville, AL. Programs include Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Strategic Development Planning and Experimentation Office (SDPE) Hypervelocity Gun Weapons System (HGWS); Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) on Air Base Air Defense (ABAD) Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2); Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications and Battle Management (PEO C3BM) on Automated Battle Management System (ABMS) and Tactical Operations Center – Light (TOC-L). Mid-Level Experience will be considered. Salary based on education and level of experience.
- Develop operational architectures and concepts for systems integration.
- Develop architecture diagrams, interface definitions, and functional flow diagrams.
- Assist with the refinement of requirements documents and system specifications.
- Support the system development and prototyping.
- Coordinate to ensure software access, hardware requirements and implementation interfaces are met throughout the development process.
- Coordinate for system demonstration and assessment
- Develop Data Management and Analysis Plan (DMAP) and coordinate data collection from pre-test and flight test events.
- Draft and deliver status reports.
Requirements and Skills
- Experience with Army, Navy and USAF integrated air and missile defense systems such as BC3, CEC, Aegis and IBCS desired
- Experience with communications and data link systems as well as integrated fire control desired
- Experience in operational systems integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM + 10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Current Secret Clearance, TS/SCI preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience with developing OV (operational concepts) and SV (interface description) products
- Experience with integrated product teams (IPTs)
- Experience with the DoD requirements development and acquisitions processes
- Master’s Degree in STEM