Senior Radar Engineer. Position Description: The Senior Radar Engineer will provide systems engineering and technical leadership to the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Technical Authority (TA) and Cruise Missile Defense of the Homeland activities. This includes performing radar systems engineering for cross-Service kill chains against air, cruise, ballistic and hypersonic threats; definition of modeling and simulation environments to perform detailed analysis of elements of the kill chain, combat identification, and integrated fire control. The Senior Radar Engineer will perform definition/analysis of radar systems for CMD-H and IAMD to include surveillance, radar resource loading, threat detection, tracing accuracy, combat identification capabilities; and integrated fire control capabilities to include evaluation for requirements against subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic threats. They will provide recommendations, briefings, reports and white papers.
Education Requirements: BS in engineering discipline required, MS or PhD desired.
Experience Requirements: BS+20, MS+17, PhD+15 years of experience supporting DoD system development activities required. Experience with IAMD (air, cruise and ballistic missile defense) radar systems.
· Experience leading complex system engineering activities
· Experience with kill chain architecture and concepts such as integrated fire control, tracking / track management, radar systems, non-cooperative combat identification techniques, and fire control
· Experience with sensor systems such as SPY-X, Advanced Hawkeye, G/ATOR, PATRIOT Radar, Sentinel Radar, AWACS or Tactical Aircraft radars.
· Experience in development of technical reports and briefing materials.
· Strong communication skills both written and oral are required.
Special Skills Desired:
· Experience in radar systems design, engineering and analysis
· Experience in modeling, simulation and analysis of complex systems of systems and structuring of analysis plans using high fidelity simulation environments desired.
· Experience working in complex security environments desired.
· Experience with development of system requirements, architectures, interfaces and design CDRLs for DoD programs is also a plus.
Applicant selected must possess an active Top Secret security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Minimal travel may be required.
Develop system architecture products for IAMD system of systems. Experience with air and cruise missile defense desired. Experience with one of the following systems desired: PATRIOT, IBCS, Aegis, CRC, CAC2S, F-15, 16, 18, 22, 35, Link 16, GATOR, AWACS, Advanced Hawkeye. Experience with MagicDraw desired. Positions available for between 5-20 years of experience.
Perform systems engineering for Joint IAMD system of systems interoperability. Experience with air and cruise missile defense desired. Experience with one of the following systems desired: PATRIOT, IBCS, Aegis, CRC, CAC2S, F-15, 16, 18, 22, 35, Link 16, GATOR, AWACS, Advanced Hawkeye. Experience with MagicDraw desired. Positions available for between 5-20 years of experience.