Entry LEvel Systems Engineer
Entry Level Systems Engineer- Huntsville, AL
Job Requisition 2337
Capstone Research Corporation is seeking to expand our team. Capstone Research Corporation is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama. We are a customer-oriented engineering services company providing world class research and development support across the Department of Defense (DoD). Capstone offers 100% Company Provided Medical and Dental Insurance, Matching 401K, and Profit Sharing as part of our top-notch benefits package.
We have an immediate opening for an Entry Level Systems Engineer with Missile-Defense/Defensive-Counter-Air analysis experience in the Huntsville, AL area, candidates with Software and Modeling & Simulation Engineering experience preferred. Salary based on relevant experience and education.
- Provide analysis expertise within a larger few-on-few simulation framework.
- Provide engineering level input to system models under development.
- Execute elements of the MDA Program Plan independently.
- Execute complex system of systems analysis plans.
- Use the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) to write C++ in a development environment, as part of a fast-moving team effort.
- Interface with Science &Technology project leads to determine requirements necessary to integrate outside applications into the AFSIM framework.
- Develop and evaluate the system using standardized measures of performance and effectiveness.
- Participate in periodic program reviews and technical presentations to Government stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM-related discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Technical and Software experience.
- Experience with complex system-of-systems analysis efforts.
- Development Experience using C++, MATLAB.Good problem-solving skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have ability to obtain an Active DoD Secret clearance.
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience with DoD operations, concepts, and technologies and their supporting sensors, effectors, and networks.
- Experienced conducting analysis and development in AFSIM.
- Experience with various sensor/information fusion technologies and approaches (e.g. Kalman and Bayesian filters)